Today we are fasting from the thought that says, “I can’t stop.”
Quitting a habit, a sin or an addiction can be one of the hardest things in life; but it becomes easy when we realise Jesus not only died to forgive our sins; but also to give us power over sin and to free us from being in bondage to anything.
LET’S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. Stop trying to stop. Instead, just continue to fast from wrong thinking. Proverbs 23:7 says, “As a man thinks, so is he.” Your thoughts will shape your decisions; your decisions will shape your actions; your actions will shape your habits.
2. Awaken to the grace of God. Romans 6:14 tells us that sin does not have dominion over us “ . . . for we are not under the law but under grace.” Embrace the grace! It is the free, unearned, and undeserved love of God!
3. Grace empowers. Titus 2:11 says, “It is the grace of God that enables and instructs us to resist and deny ungodliness.” Go to God’s throne of grace right now and ask for His help.
4. His yoke is easy. You are yoked to Jesus. That means He will carry the weight of your struggle and walk you through it.
5. Change happens to you, not by you. Romans 12:2 says, “Be transformed.” This is something that happens TO you, as you renew your mind to God’s Word. It’s happening to you right now as you fast from wrong thinking! And as you fill your mind with God’s goodness, it LEADS you to “repentance” (which is: to change your thinking, Romans 2:4).
6. “There ain’t no can’t.” (Quote from Mickey to Rocky in the movie, Rocky II.) Get rid of “can’t” from your vocabulary and your mindset. You can do all things through Christ.
7. Stop beating yourself up about what you haven’t done. We often punish ourselves with self- condemnation. We will never do enough for God. That’s why Jesus did it all. He paid for sin, the curse, and our failure. Our job is to believe.
THINK IT AND SAY IT
I am not under the bondage or control of any sin, habit, or problem in my life anymore. I am under the grace of God, giving me dominion over sin and temptation. I am yoked to Jesus. Therefore, it is His strength that I walk in. As I renew my mind to the Word of God, I am being changed and transformed, in Jesus’ Name!
Love and Grace,
Pastors Dane and Tersia Mesane