Today we are fasting from the thought that says, “It’s just so hard to be a Christian.”
We are going to break this mentality once and for all, because it is the single most often misunderstood concept that is keeping believers defeated.
Jesus said to take His yoke because it’s easy and His burden is light. That’s the grace of God! He did the heavy lifting, and now our job is to enter into His rest.
LET’S CHANGE IT TODAY
- It’s not hard to be something you already are. Jesus made you a Christian, and there’s nothing that can change that. You’re a new creation! You are already more than a conqueror! You don’t have to TRY to be a human. You are one! In the same way: You ARE a Christian!
- It is He who made us, and not we ourselves. Selah—pause and think on that. HE MADE YOU A CHRISTIAN. And you can’t undo what God has done.
- Jesus did it all. When He said, “It is finished,” in John 19:30, He meant: “The debt is paid; the sentence is served; the victory is won! I did everything necessary for you to be saved and at peace.” Now, just believe it.
- Start realising “Christian” means “Christ-IN”. He is in you. It’s impossible for you to fail at being a Christian, when the anointing, the Christ, is at work within you.
- His yoke is easy. Reverse your thinking. Think, “It’s easy to be a Christian.” His yoke is easy. His burden is light. You are yoked/connected/hitched to Him!
- Rest in the fact that you don’t have to be perfect. God is not holding you to a perfect standard. Jesus is your perfection. Just rest in this truth!
THINK IT AND SAY IT
It is easy to live the Christian life because God already made me more than a conqueror. Jesus did it all! His life is in me. His love is in me. His power is in me. His Spirit is in me. Therefore, I cannot fail as a Christian! I am not alone, and never will be. I am yoked to Him, and that’s why I can enjoy my relationship WITH God, rather than strive to fulfill a duty FOR God. I am free, in Jesus’ Name!
Love and Grace,
Pastors Dane and Tersia Mesane