Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “Why isn’t God stopping this?”
This thinking is rooted in the inaccurate belief that God is in control of everything. Don’t get me wrong: He started this world in control of everything, But He gave much authority to mankind at Creation; and then again as new creations, in Christ. We have to stop waiting for God to stop the things He gave us the power to stop. Jesus said: Whatever we bind on earth is bound in heaven.
LET’S CHANGE IT TODAY
- You have authority in life. Remember, Jesus has given us ALL power over the enemy (Luke 10:19). The enemy, the devil, wants to blind you to your authority so that you will accept whatever happens in life; or wait for God to do something about it. Awaken to your God-given authority as a child of God.
- Start reigning, and you’ll stop whining. “Through the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness, we REIGN in life.” (Romans 5:17) As you awake to grace & righteousness–and your God-given authority—you’ll stop thinking & feeling like a victim.
- God gives every GOOD gift. (James 1:17) God is good, and the devil is bad. It was satan, not God, who smote Job. But God has given us the power to resist the devil, and walk in our God-given authority and destiny.
- God doesn’t send storms to teach us a lesson. Life brings storms. But God brings shelter. God is the source of our shelter, not the source of the storm. Isaiah 25:4 says, “. . . You are a refuge from the storm . . .”
- Plant the right seeds BEFORE the storms of life hit. (Mark 4:26-35) Jesus taught His disciples to plant the seed of God’s Word. THEN, He got in the boat and the storm hit. They had the power to stop the storm. They just didn’t know it.
- You’re just like Jesus! Yes, the disciples woke Jesus and He stopped the storm, BUT 1 John 4:17 tells us, that as He is, so are we. He gave you His Word, His Name, and His authority. You can stop the forces of hell that come against you.
- Wisdom is greater than the storm. And the wise build their house–their life–on the Word of God. No matter what life or the enemy throws at you, you will stand, when your life is built on the wisdom of God’s Word
THINK IT AND SAY IT
I agree with Jesus and take authority over the storms of life, and over all the power of the enemy. Through the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness, I reign in life. I have the power to declare PEACE in the midst of the storms of life. I walk in wisdom by acting on the Word, and I rise above every situation, in the Name of Jesus!
Love and Grace,
Pastors Dane and Tersia Mesane